Text Search Plus:
DoD Tested and Certified!
TextSearch Plus was specifically designed and enhanced for speed and accuracy in security reviews. It is widely used by classified government agencies and corporations that support these agencies. The software is also used by hundreds of law enforcement agencies throughout the world in computer crime investigations. This tool is unique and there is no other forensic search utility that does what this tool does. TextSearch Plus was designed to process DOS, Windows, Windows 95 and Windows 98-based computer systems.
The program and its uses are described in Computer Forensics, Incident Response Essentials by Warren G. Kruse II and Jay G. Heiser, Computer Forensics, Computer Crime Scene Investigations by John R. Vacca, Cyber Crime Investigator's Field Guide by Bruce Middleton and Cybersecurity Operations Handbook by Dr. John W. Rittinghouse and Dr. William M. Hancock. A companion program called TextSearch NT is used to process NTFS-based computer systems, e.g., Windows 2000, Windows NT and Windows XP from a DOS platform. It is possible to use TextSearch Plus in a DOS Window on for searches restricted to files. If your needs relate to these operating systems, call NTI.
This software is used to quickly search hard disk drives, zip disks and floppy diskettes for key words or specific patterns of text. It operates at either a logical or physical level at the option of the user. TextSearch Plus has been specifically designed to meet the requirements of our government friends for use in computer security exit reviews from classified government facilities. The current version is approximately 25% faster than prior versions. It is also compatible with FAT 12, FAT 16 and FAT 32 DOS-based systems. As a result, it can be used on DOS, Windows, Windows 95 and Windows 98 systems. Our tests indicate that this tool finds more text strings than any other forensic search tool. It is sold separately and is also included in several of the NTI tool suites. As a stand-alone tool, it is ideal for security risk assessments. When security spills are identified, they can easily be eliminated with NTI's M-Sweep XP Software.
TextSearch PLUS - Primary Uses:
- Used to find occurrences of words or strings of text in data stored in files, slack and unallocated file space.
- Used in exit reviews of computer storage media from classified facilities.
- Used to identify data leakage of classified information on non-classified computer systems.
- Used in Internal Audits to identify violations of corporate policy.
- Used by Fortune 500 corporations, government contractors and government agencies in security reviews and security risk assessments.
- Used in corporate due diligence efforts regarding proposed mergers.
- Used to find occurrences of key words strings of text in data found at a physical sector level.
- Used to find evidence in corporate, civil and criminal investigations which involve computer-related evidence.
- Used to find embedded text in formatted word processing documents, e.g. WordPerfect and fragments of such documents in ambient data storage areas.
Text Search PLUS - Program Features and Benefits:
- DOS-based for ease of operation and speed.
- No Software Dongle! - We know that software dongles get in the way and they restrict your ability to process several computers at the same time. That is why NTI does not use software dongles and our licensing of this software allows you to process multiple computers at the same time. NTI's goal is to make your life easier and this software was designed with ease of use in mind.
- Can be operated automatically in a batch processing mode with other DOS-based computer forensics tools.
- Small memory footprint (under 60k) which allows the software to run on even the original IBM PC.
- Compact program size which easily fits on one floppy diskette with other forensic software utilities.
- Searches files, slack and erased space in one fast operation.
- Has logical and physical search options which maintain compatibility with government security review requirements.
- Has a user defined search configuration feature.
- User configuration is automatically saved for future use.
- Embedded words and strings of text are found in word processing files.
- Is alert for graphic files (secrets can be hidden in them).
- Is alert for compressed files.
- High speed operation. This is the fastest tool on the market which makes for quick searches on huge hard disk drives.
- Screen and file output.
- False hits don't stop processing.
- Government tested - Specifically designed for security reviews in classified environments.
- Currently used by hundreds of law enforcement computer crime units.
- Currently used by several hundred government military and intelligence agency employees.
- Currently used by numerous Fortune 500 corporations.
- The current version allows for up to 120 search strings to be searched for at one time.
The current release is Version 2.21 and the GSA Product Number is TSP2.21. U. S. Government clients should click here for information about GSA purchases.