Text Search NT
DoD Tested and Certified!
TextSearch NT is a DOS-based utility that was created specifically to process Windows NT/2000/XP-based computer systems. It supplements our popular TextSearch Plus software which has been a computer forensics search tool standard in U. S. intelligence agencies for years. Text Search NT provides the user with the same speed and ease of use but it now expands the search capabilities to include both logical and physical searches of the NTFS file structure. Other enhancements to the original program include header analysis and identification of compressed and graphics files.
This software is used to quickly search hard disk drives, zip disks and floppy diskettes for key words or specific patterns of text. It operates at either a logical or physical level at the option of the user. TextSearch NT has been specifically designed to meet the requirements of our government friends for use in computer security exit reviews from classified government facilities and computer media storage reviews in the same classified environments. In addition to processing NTFS-based systems TextSearch NT also processes FAT 32-based systems. It is sold separately and is also included in several of the NTI tool suites. As a stand-alone tool, it is ideal for security risk assessments.
TextSearch NT - Primary Uses:
- Used to find occurrences of words or strings of text in data stored in files, slack and unallocated file space on FAT 32 and NTFS-based computer systems.
- Used in exit reviews of computer storage media from classified facilities.
- Used in security reviews to identify classified data leakage onto non-classified computer systems.
- Used in Internal Audits to identify violations of corporate policy.
- Used by Fortune 500 corporations, government contractors and government agencies in security reviews and security risk assessments.
- Used in corporate due diligence efforts regarding proposed mergers.
- Used to find occurrences of key words strings of text in data found at a physical sector level.
- Used to find evidence in corporate, civil and criminal investigations which involve computer-related evidence.
- Used to find embedded text in formatted word processing documents, e.g. WordPerfect and fragments of such documents in ambient data storage areas.
Text Search NT - Program Features and Benefits:
- DOS-based for ease of operation and speed.
- No Software Dongle! - We know that software dongles get in the way and they restrict your ability to process several computers at the same time. That is why NTI does not use software dongles and our licensing of this software allows you to process multiple computers at the same time. NTI's goal is to make your life easier and this software was designed with ease of use in mind.
- This version provides a detailed inventory of all partitions on the target hard disk drive and the operating systems involved.
- Can be operated in a batch processing mode with other DOS-based computer forensics tools.
- Processes NTFS and FAT-32 based systems, e.g., Windows 98, Windows NT, Windows 2000 and Windows XP.
- Compact program size which easily fits on one floppy diskette with other forensic software utilities.
- Searches files, slack and erased space in one fast operation.
- Has logical and physical search options which maintains compatibility with government security review requirements.
- Has a user defined search configuration feature. The configuration file name can be set by the user which provides more flexibility in classified security reviews.
- The user configuration is automatically saved for future use.
- Embedded words and strings of text are found in word processing files.
- Is alert for graphic files based on file header identification when file searches are involved. This features overcomes data hiding attempts using file renaming techniques.
- Alert for compressed files based on file header identification when file searches are involved. This feature overcome data hiding attempts using file renaming techniques.
- High speed operation.
- Screen and file output.
- False hits don't stop processing.
- Specifically designed for security reviews in classified government environments.
The current release is Version 3.11 and the GSA Product Number is TSN3.11.
U. S. Government clients should click here
for information about GSA purchases.
Please direct E-Mail to