M-Sweep Pro Data Eliminator
DoD Tested and Certified!
What is it?
M-Sweep Pro is a remarkable security product developed primarily
for use on notebook computers that contain trade secrets and other
forms of sensitive computer data. It also has application both with
desktop computers and in the safe exchange of data via floppy
diskettes and Iomega Zip Disks. That is particularly important for
lawyers, accountants and financial advisors who are entrusted
with confidential client information. The software also has
significant value for corporate and government executives
whose outdated notebook and desktop computers may be reassigned
or surplused ---- a common practice. The reason is this: many government
agencies and corporations rely upon the simple reformat of
computer hard disk drives to eliminate data on computers that are
discarded or donated to charity. When only that is done, the data is
easily recoverable through computer forensic or simple data recovery
processes. The bottom line: reformat of a hard disk drive provides
essentially no level of security.
This program and its uses are described in
Computer Forensics, Incident Response Essentials by Warren G. Kruse II and Jay G. Heiser,
Cyber Crime Investigator's Field Guide
by Bruce Middleton,
Computer Forensics, Computer Crime Scene Investigation by John R. Vacca.
Why is it important?
Today's computers were designed primarily for speed and
convenience. Security was not part of the design. As a result,
sensitive information "leaks" into
the Windows swap file
unallocated (erased) file space,
all without the knowledge of the computer user. Such information can unknowingly be
transferred to others. In the case of lawyers, they may inadvertently
compromise attorney-client information through the exchange of
word processing files and floppy diskettes to clients, other
professional or worse, opposing counsel. In the case of corporate
executives, insider information and trade secrets may
unintentionally be compromised through the transfer of notebook
computers or through the disposition of corporate computers. Be
assured that such data can easily be recovered. We know, because
as computer forensics experts, we are asked to verify or recover
that kind of data every day. But these problems don't have to exist
and they can easily be overcome through the use of M-Sweep Pro software.
How does it work?
This software is used to repeatedly overwrite
ambient computer data
storage areas. These obscure data storage areas are usually unknown to
most computer users and they are a potent source of computer security
risks. The software was designed to deal with all Microsoft Windows-based operating
systems because most notebook computers rely upon these popular operating
systems and M-Sweep Pro has been optimized for speed and to deal with large hard
disk drives. It is compatible with DOS, Windows, Windows 95, Windows 98,
Windows NT, Windows 2000 and Windows XP. The current version of the program is
faster than the original M-Sweep program which was only compatible with DOS, Windows
95 and Windows 98 computer systems.
M-Sweep Pro is far superior to any similar products that run under Windows,
Windows NT and DOS. This is because M-Sweep Pro was designed, tested and
written by world class experts in the field of
This powerful security software also meets US government requirements
for the secure deletion of computer data and it deals with threats
concepts. Although the program automatically validates the secure
elimination of computer data, classified government agencies can also certify
the data elimination processes through the use of NTI's
computer forensic tools as a means of cross-validation.
Who can, and can't, get M-Sweep Pro?
This unique security software is the most effective product
available. Unfortunately this software can be used to eliminate
evidence of criminal violations and terrorist activities. For that
reason, NTI restricts the sale of the product to Fortune 1000
corporations, government agencies, pre-qualified law firms,
pre-qualified accounting firms, hospitals and pre-qualified law enforcement
agencies. Unlike some of our competitors, we continue to restrict
the sale of all of our security and computer forensics software utilities.
In the wrong hands, such software can be used to further criminal acts
and intelligence gathering efforts against US government agencies and
US-based corporations. NTI does not sell its products to the general
public. There are companies with publicly available products that claim to
provide the same security benefits. Fortunately, they are not as effective
as M-Sweep Pro. If you qualify to use this tool, you literally can't
afford not to have it.
M-Sweep Pro - Primary Uses:
- The program is used to securely eliminate all traces of data from
the Windows swap file
unallocated (erased) file
- It is used by lawyers and law enforcement agencies to eliminate the potential
disclosure of sensitive information when data is exchanged in the legal discovery process.
- It is used by lawyers, accountants and corporate executives to eliminate confidential client
and trade secret data from portable notebook computers that are easily stolen or compromised
from a security standpoint.
- It is used by law enforcement computer crime specialists to eliminate the potentials of data
bleeding from one case to another in the processing of computer evidence.
- It is used for notebook computer security when trade secrets are involved. Remember, these
portable computers are easily stolen and can be accessed covertly when they are
- It is used to eliminate ambient data on floppy diskettes and Iomega Zip Disks that are
exchanged with others. You can avoid sharing more information than you intend with
- It is used to securely scrub computer hard disk drives when computers are transferred
from one employee or division to another. The reformat of the hard disk drive leaves the data
behind for easy recovery. M-Sweep Pro eliminates the secrets but does not affect the function of
applications licensed for use on the computer.
M-Sweep Pro - Program Features and Benefits:
- DOS-based for efficiency, ease of operation and speed. Windows-based security programs
are incapable of scrubbing all ambient data storage areas. We should know because we are
computer forensics experts.
- No Software Dongle! - We know that software dongles get in the way and they restrict your ability to process several computers at the same time. That is why NTI does not use software dongles and our licensing of this software allows you to process multiple computers at the same time. NTI's goal is to make your life easier and this software was designed with ease of use in mind.
- Works on DOS-based, Windows-based and NTFS-based operating systems.
- Compact program size easily fits on a floppy diskette with other forensic software
- Conforms to and exceeds the Government Standard set forth in DoD 5220.22-M. Can
overwrite ambient data areas 9 times. (Each pass involves 3 separate writes followed by a verify
pass.) This helps eliminate the potentials for the recovery of
- Creates documentation of the data elimination and validation processes. This helps
classified government agencies certify the data elimination process.
- Can be operated automatically on a computer hard disk as a batch process.
- The user can specify one or more logical drives prior to operation.
- M-Sweep Pro is more powerful than the original M-Sweep program and it deals with large
hard disk drives. If you have the original program, an upgrade can be obtained for a nominal
The current release is Version 4.11 and the GSA Product Number is MS4.11.
U. S. Government clients should click here
for information about GSA purchases.
Back To NTI's Home Page
Please direct E-mail to
Copyright © 2004 by New Technologies Armor, Inc. January 16, 2004