GetGIF Graphics File Extractor:
NTI's GetGIF software is a computer forensics software tool which was designed to
automatically extract exact copies of GIF graphics file images from
ambient data sources
bit stream image backup files. The latter process has the potential of quickly identifying GIF
graphics file images stored on a computers hard disk drive. The resulting output image files can
be quickly evaluated using a graphics file viewer, e.g,
Firehand Ember Millennium
by Firehand Technologies which NTI recommends. Firehand Ember Millennium fits limited law
enforcement budgets, e.g., priced at under $50 and it is an ideal product for investigations
involving computer graphic images. At your option you can purchase FireHand Ember software
from the manufacturer or NTI (at a slight discount). GetGif software is distributed free of charge
to law enforcement computer specialists to help stretch limited law enforcement budgets.
Click here for the Law Enforcement Software Order
or you can
click here for more specific information
about how this software (and its big brother Gextract) can be used to save time in computer
NTI's GetGif can be of assistance in investigations involving the distribution of child
pornography and in identity theft cases involving the use of GIF graphics files. If your case
involves other types of graphics files you might consider the purchase of NTI's
Graphics File Extractor software
which also automatically identifies and reconstructs JPEG and BMP files. Law enforcement and
military discounts are available. This computer forensics tool saves time and it was specifically
created to accurately and quickly reconstruct evidence grade copies of "deleted" GIF image
files. The software can also be used effectively to identify and reconstruct residual graphics
file images which passed through
Windows Swap/Page files
during Internet web browsing sessions. An "after-the-fact" analysis of such files can quickly
determine how a computer may have been used. Such information is invaluable to corporate
investigators and law enforcement computer crime specialists alike. NTI's GetGif software also
provides benefits in internal audits involving the misuse of corporate computers by employees
and in corporate due diligence reviews of computers.
GetGif - Primary Uses:
- Used to find evidence in corporate, civil and criminal investigations which involve GIF
computer graphics files, e.g., investigations which potentially involve child pornography and/or
inappropriate Internet web browsing in a corporate or government setting.
- Used with other computer forensic software to quickly reconstruct and view previously
deleted GIF graphics files stored on computer storage media.
- Used to quickly identify and view GIF image files stored anywhere on a
computer hard disk drive when used with NTI's
evidence grade backup software and
- Used effectively in computer investigations involving the distribution of child
pornography and identity theft when GIF graphics files are involved.
- Used "after-the-fact" to determine what files may have been viewed over or downloaded
from the Internet.
- Used very effectively in the recovery of deleted GIF graphics files from computer hard
disk drives and/or digital flash memory chips when it is used with
NTI's GetFree software
which can be purchased separately.
GetGif - Program Features and Benefits:
- Operates under DOS/WIN9x/WINNT/WIN2000/WINXP for ease of operation and
- No Software Dongle! - We know that software dongles get in the way and they restrict your ability to process several computers at the same time. That is why NTI does not use software dongles and our licensing of this software allows you to process multiple computers at the same time. NTI's goal is to make your life easier and this software was designed with ease of use in mind.
- Compact program size which easily fits on one floppy diskette with other forensic
software utilities for portability.
- Searches a targeted Windows Swap File or a file created from erased file space for
patterns of GIF file images and it reconstructs partial or complete image files in
one highly accurate operation. The accuracy of this process is dependent upon the degree of
fragmentation involved, etc.
- When complete image files are identified and reconstructed by the program, the output of
restored graphics image files is exact. Our tests indicate that a majority of reconstructed files
will pass a CRCMD5 hash test when restored image files are compared with the original files
prior to deletion. This feature makes the software ideal for evidence reconstruction in criminal
cases. It also allows for the exact reconstruction of graphics image files which may contain
hidden files or other messages through the use of steganography.
- Partial image file patterns (caused due to fragmentation and/or file corruption) can be
automatically reconstructed and viewed in many cases.
- The highly accurate graphics file identification search engine ensures that every byte is
checked for integrity.
- The software operates in batch file mode for automatic processing when combined with
other NTI software processes.
- The software operates at a blinding rate of speed and therefore saves time when compared
to other computer forensics approaches in the evaluation of graphics image files.
- It automatically creates a complete log of the processing steps taken by the program to
help document the process and to assist with possible trial testimony concerning the use of the
program and/or findings.
- Free Upgrades for one year from the date of purchase.
- Quantity discounts and site licenses are available.
The current release is Version 1.11 and the GSA Product Number is GGIF1.11
U. S. Government clients should click here
for information about GSA purchases.
Back To NTI's Home Page
Call NTI at 503-661-6912 today for details.
Direct E-Mail to
Copyright © 2004 by New Technologies Armor, Inc. January 16, 2004